THE AWARD CATEGORIES
When we announced Bradford’s Inspirational Women Awards, we worked hard to ensure that each nominee (no matter their audience size, condition or community, or brand) had an equal opportunity to win.
In order to achieve this we set about asking the public to nominate who they felt was an Inspirational Woman in the following categories:
- Woman in the Public Sector
- Business Woman – Established (established for more than 12 months)
- New Business Woman (New business, trading for less than 12 months)
- Community Star
- Youth – For our new generation, age group 15 – 21 yrs
- Woman in Sports
- Woman of the Year
The public will be invited to either self nominate or nominate someone they feel deserves to win one of the above categories. Nominations are live from 26 September 2014 to 31 December 2014 and can be done online by clicking the link here.
Once the nominations close, an independent team of auditors will verify all nominations and through independent scrutiny, founders Fatima Patel and Jane Vincent will prepare a shortlist of nominees.
Once the shortlists are announced a panel of independent judges will meet and judge the final winners, except the Inspirational Mum category which will be open to the public to vote online.
Our judges will not be announced till after the judging. This is so we maintain the credibility of the awards process and there is no likely hood of influencing their decisions.
The judges decision will be final and neither the organisers nor founders will have no say or influence in the judging process. Any nominations received for the founder or the organisers will be classified as null void.
How to nominate
Before nominating a person, group or organisation for an award, please read the criteria for the individual category you are nominating them for. All of these criteria are listed further down this page.
Please keep these criteria in mind as you make your nominations as these will be used by the auditors and Judging Panel during the short listing process.
Once you have read the criteria, you can nominate in the following ways:
- Complete our online nomination form by clicking here. When filling out the reasons for your nomination, we strongly recommend that you draft your text in a document (such as a Microsoft Word document), save it and then copy and paste it into the form. This is because the form does not save and if, for example, you lose your internet connection, your work will be lost. Although you will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your online nomination form, we will also confirm receipt by email within office hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm) – if you do not receive confirmation, please contact 0333 577 0046
- Download a PDF of the nomination form, print it off, complete it and post it to us at Bradford’s Inspirational Women Awards, Bradford Chamber Business Park, New Lane, Bradford, BD4 8BX or email them to email@example.com
The judging criteria, for each award category is as follows:
Inspirational Business Woman (established for more than 12 months)
- General background information about the business, including turnover for last 2 years.
- Details of how successful the business has been and why
- What specific challenges you have overcome to get where you are today
- Where you want to be in a year’s time and how you will get there
- Why you should be named as established business woman of 2015
Inspirational Female Employee
- General background about the nominee and the company they work for. Include role, responsibilities and number of years she has been with her organisation.
- What specific challenges nominee has overcome to get where she is today.
- What nominee hopes to achieve in a year’s time and how she will plan to achieve it.
- A statement in no more than 500 words from nominee line manager/senior as to why she should be named as Inspirational Female Employee of 2015.
Inspirational Female Community Star
- General Background Information about you and what you do for a living.
- Demonstrate benefit to the local community.
- An explanation of what is outstanding about the nominee and the work for which she is being nominated
- Any obstacles which the nominee may have had to overcome to achieve the outcomes of her service to community.
Inspirational Youth 15 – 21 yrs
This is a new award and it recognises the contribution youth make to their community and is open to any youth aged 15 – 21 years, who lives, works, or volunteers in Bradford and District.
Judges will be particularly asked to look at her contribution to her community through volunteer service and demonstration of leadership skills.
Inspirational Woman in Sports
- Nominee must be aged 18 years or over
- Are participating in a sport recognised by Sport England.
- A sports woman who has excelled in her chosen sport. Rankings and achievements made during the eligibility period must be given.
- Have demonstrated considerable commitment.
- Are an inspiration and positive role model to others.
- Have used their achievements and experiences to make a positive impact on their community and /or club.
The inspirational mum award once short listed will then be entered into an online public vote on the website which opens at 10.00 a.m. on 1 February 2015 and closes at midnight on 26 March 2015. The Finalist who receives the greatest number of eligible votes on the website will be the winner. If there is a tie in the number of eligible votes received in respect of two or more finalists or there is any disruption to the website due to technical problems or otherwise during the Competition voting period, the Judging Panel shall decide the winner at its sole discretion.
The nomination criteria for these categories are detailed below.
- How well does this nominee embody the essence of this award?
- How well does this nominee serve as a role model for their family and as an example role model to other mothers/parents
RULES & TERMS OF AWARDS
- You must give details and evidence of as many of the criteria elements for that category as possible in your nomination but please limit the amount of supporting information in your nomination to no more than 200 words.
- One of the categories specify that the sport that the nominee is involved in must be recognised by Sport England, see www.sportengland.org.uk/about_us/how_we_recognise_sports/recognised_sports.aspx for a list of the recognised sports.
- Those making nominations may be contacted by the Awards Panel to obtain further information about the nominee.
- The nomination eligibility criteria period is: Sept 2014 to – December 2015. All nominees should be active in Bradford and District
- You can make as many nominations in each category as you wish, although please use separate forms.
- All nominations will be assessed by the Awards Panel and a shortlist of three candidates for each award category will be selected.
- Self nominations are accepted.
- The panel can only base their decision on the information in the nomination form, so please complete this to the best of your ability.
- If a nomination is successful, the nominee will be contacted by the organisers of Inspirational Women Awards to invite them to attend Bradford’s Inspirational Women Awards ceremony on Saturday 28 March 2015.
- The entrant and the Nominee must be available for filming purposes or otherwise on two specified dates (as decided at the organisers sole discretion), between 15 January and 15 March 2015 (inclusive). If selected as a Finalist, the entrant must be available to appear for press interviews and other ongoing publicity.
- Proof of eligibility may be required. Failure to comply with the eligibility criteria as set out in these terms and conditions, and elsewhere as applicable or failure to comply with instructions and/or directions given or with these terms and conditions in any way may result in disqualification of the entrant and their Nominee from the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Awards panel suspects that an entrant and/or Nominee is not eligible to participate in this Competition, the Awards panel reserves the right to terminate or suspend their further participation.
- The decision of the awards panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.